--as quoted on the CDHA webpage
When two special interest groups merge, the result is generally pretty interesting--you get the Pink Pistols (gay/gun rights), the Mormon Trekkies (translating the Book of Mormon into Klingon), et al. Personally I am a longtime appreciator (in that internet way) of the Christian Deer Hunters Association of Silver Lake, MN, and their enlightening trading cards.
A primary objective of the Christian Deer Hunters Association is to reveal and encourage a Biblical World View approach to deer hunting. Some of the things that a Biblical World View will help to stimulate or encourage include:You can purchase their book Devotionals for Deer Hunters, "which contains true stories of how God has worked in the lives of various hunters." But I am plenty fulfilled by their trading cards, which you can view on their homepage. (Scroll down a ways.)
- An awareness that deer hunting can be an excellent opportunity for sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with other hunters (Mk. 16:15-16).
- The proper view towards those who are in authority, such as DNR officials (Rms. 13:1-7).
- Proper treatment of game after it has been harvested (Prov. 12:27).
- The importance of faithful church attendance and involvement during the hunting season (Heb. 10:25).
- A wiser use of time spent while actually in the field hunting (e.g. Scripture reading, memorization, prayer, witnessing).